Skip to content

golden doodle

Baby Buddy

Advertisements

9 Comments

1. Alex / Apr 14 2013 10:38 am

hi there!
    i’m a random guy who happen to have a soft spot for petri cameras…
    been kinnda looking for a petriflex like the one you have but no luck
    how’s the petriflex and how are it’s photos?

• Gregory Williams / Apr 14 2013 4:54 pm

Hey Alex,

I’m planning on writing more on the Petri Flex V when I get to the SLR results, but so far it is definitely one of the best vintage SLRs I’ve tested. Its quality exceeds that of the Petri rangefinders, and its design feels very natural to hold. The pictures from my test roll came out great despite my limited skills. Maybe something to do with thedarkroom.com’s processing.

• Alex / Apr 15 2013 8:43 am

i do have a petri 2.8, petri 1.9 and a petri 7… although i haven’t shot enough with them to tell how good or bad they are….
        they do feel great in my hands though (especially the 2.8 and 1.9 since they’re older and more well built)
        i’m looking forward to more pics from you 🙂

2. Derek / May 4 2013 5:01 am

Oh man I need to get my hands on one of them (Petri Flex) one of these days!

• Gregory Williams / May 4 2013 5:11 am

This is by far the best Petri camera, and maybe the best 35mm SLR I’ve ever used.

• Derek / May 4 2013 5:15 am

That is a bold statement, I will have to try one!

3. jimmie pickler / Aug 19 2013 1:30 am

just bought petri flex v in great condition,just dont know how to set film speed,is it set for all speeds.does not have light meter,guess ill have too use swag it thanks p.s.also have a petri ft which works like new,like one i bought in korea in 1968

• Gregory Williams / Aug 19 2013 3:50 am

The Flex V convinced me to finally buy a vintage meter. I stumbled on one from the same general period as the Petri Flex V,

Sekonic Auto Leader

Among vintage meters, Sekonic has a great reputation for being well made, meaning you can still find excellent working examples at a fair price.

Enjoy that new camera, and thanks for visiting!

• Gregory Williams / Aug 19 2013 3:55 am

Oh, I almost forgot… film speed should be taken into account when making your other settings. Meter helps with that, but generally 100, 200 or 400 speed should work fine with the fstop and shutter ball parked.